Saturday, July 28, 2007

I must be old

Today, I went to visit my wife's auntie in Banting. We met her at a kenduri last weekend and she asked us to pick up some rambutans at her place. When I first got married her house was among the first that my wife brought me to visit on her side. I am very fond of her whom we called Cik.

When I was younger I would be the one she depend on to climb the trees during the fruit seasons, be it rambutan, dokong, langsat and manggis. I had even climbed her cempedak tree which was quite high. Today I tried to climb the rambutan tree and was unable to do it. I told myself it must have been the tight Bruberry (imitation pair bought in Bandung) slacks that I was wearing or the wet trunks caused by the rain in the morning.

However, I think the REAL reason was that I was just too heavy. Moreover, I was not fit to lift myself up the tree. This is the same tree that I have been climbing all these years with such ease.

I must be old.....

No comments: