Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It must be difficult to retire gracefully

I'm not of retiring age yet, so I may not know how it feel having to retire.

After working for so many years, especially if you are an excellent employee (even if it is only you who believe this), it will be difficult to let go. You would think that your successor has not done well enough and you need to butt in, off and on.

The fact of the matter is that since you have retired, just go off gracefully. If you have done your job well, people will remember you for it (if not now, maybe later when you are no longer around).

But whatever is the case, just let go and let the new person do his job. If you do not feel the urge to help him, just step aside. If he fails, the people will have a way of taking care of him. After all when you were doing your job, most people tolerated you even if they do not fancy seeing you there.

I'm afraid that your actions will harm the rakyats. Maybe you do not care. After all, you and your family have more than enough of what you need. Its just your ego that cannot be satisfied.

I'm really sad but you are pitiful.

2 comments:

Pak Idrus said...

I am a retiree. In fact I retired at 50 years of age, optionally. I had work hard all the thirty two years in the government service. When I found that politician made it difficult for me to continue working effectively, I decided to let go and got a full pension. I now live a normal life and enjoy living.

It all depend on your mindset.You must be happy to work and if you are not happy leave. I choose to live and I found that retirement is heaven and am enjoying every minutes of it.

BTW was the posting a 'pukul anak sindir menatu'.Ha! Ha!.. Well, life is like that.

Have a nice day and take care.

Hussin said...

Sallam Pak Idrus,

It is always an honor to have you visit. I've been busy lately so I cannot post as often as I would like to. Maybe I should retire early as you did. :-)

Yeah, I agree with you. We must enjoy what we do even in retirement.

Have a nice day yourself Pak, its more like Abang 'cos I'm not too young myself.