Monday, October 26, 2009

A Hectic Weekend

My weekends have been hectic for the past few months. Our house renovation has taken its toll on us and deprive us of our rest days. It is almost completed but the unpacking is still "work in progress". I will leave that task to my dear wife.

Last weekend was particularly busy. Saturday morning was spent looking for things for the house (still). After zohor prayers, our next door neighbor had a kenduri as he and wife are going to perform the hajj this year. AT around 5:00pm we headed for Melaka to visit my sister in law who just had an angiogram done. Had a good dinner in Bandar Hilir (just opposite the Melaka prison). We spent the night at her place in Umbai.

Early Sunday morning we left Umbai for Jasin to visit my Makcik. Discussed a few things on the preparation for my sister's wedding in December. Later, visited my uncle (Pak Ali) to ask him about his recent doctor's visit. His vision has deteriorated and he is required to undergo some procedures which he is very reluctant to do and I was trying to coax him into doing it. Around 11:00 am, we left for KL to catch my staff's (Anwar) wedding.

We reached Anwar's place (Taman Medan) at around 1:30pm. Most of the office staff were present. I have always made it a point to attend all my staff's weddings. After the wedding, we went to Shah Alam to look for things for the house (still). By the time we are done, it was 5:00pm. We headed straight to Ampang to visit my auntie who had just undergone a major operation. We were there until maghrib. We had our dinner at Al-Rawshah Lebanese restaurant in Jalan Ampang. I was introduced to this place by my ex-boss and have been there a few times before but it was the first time for my family.

By the time we reached home it was past 9:00 o'clock. I took a shower and got myself ready for the big BPL game (Man U vs Liverpool). It was a tense game and both sides could have played better but I sensed Liverpool wanted to win the game more. The referee was also no help to Man U. In the end, Liverpool won 2-0 and ended their 4-game losing streak while Man U had to concede the leader board to Chelsea. To be fair, I think Liverpool deserve the win although I was again disappointed with Rio Ferdinand's performance. Maybe its time for Sir Alex to drop him for a few games.

Went to bed at around 1:00am after reading some emails which somehow kept coming despite it being a Sunday. It was a tiring weekend but a productive one. If only Man U had won it would have been a great weekend. I guess, you can't have it all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

melaka - taman medan in 2.5 hrs? COOL!! :D

Hussin said...

Junaidi,

Thanks for visiting. 2.5 hours termasuk berhenti solat zohor kat rest area awan besar. Tapi jangan buat selalu nanti kena saman. Saman yang ada pun belum habis bayar.