Tuesday, July 19, 2011

For heaven's sake......please

It is really going to happen. UiTM is going to have an award named after PERKASA's founder, Ibrahim Ali.

Now, I have always had high regards for the graduates of UiTM. In fact I recruited a few of them in my company and they are a credit to the university. Of all the local universities, I think UiTM produces graduates who have the best English proficiency. Closer to home, my wife and daughter were the products of UiTM. Presently my son and a few of his cousins are studying in UiTM campuses all over the country.

To name an award after maybe the most racist Malay in the country is definitely not sending the right message. I feel it is a disgrace to the esteem institution. I am very sure the winner of the award will not be employed by any private company without a political agenda which is in line with the present government. So why would anybody accept an award if it is going to be a liability?

To my son and his cousins, I have this to say:

"For heaven's sake please make sure you do not win this award because it is going to be detrimental to you"

2 comments:

Pak Zawi said...

HBO,
I wonder how this University manage to accept this offer to award something to its student that will inculcate racism among them? Great publicity for Ib Ali but bad publicity for UiTM.

Hussin said...

Dear Pak Zawi,

For the life of me I cannot understand this. Maybe we are out of touch with the current mood in the country. But if that is so, it is sad indeed.