Monday, July 27, 2009

Tak belajar Civics!!

I've always wanted to write on this small matter but never got around to doing it. However, over the weekend, I met these creatures on more than one occasion and thought I better get it out of the way.

I'm talking about people who throw away rubbish from their cars, either moving or stationery. People throw all sorts of things from their cars onto the roads, from tin cans, cigarette packs, wrappers, etc. They like to keep their vehicles clean but do not mind making the environment dirty in the process. What kind of warp thinking do these people have? How do we teach them? I'm sure they do not dare do this is Singapore. I've seen things being thrown out from spanking new Mercedeses, BMWs and old Proton Sagas or Kancils that have seen better days themselves. I've also seen things flying off from buses and lorries. So this sickness is not confined to just those in high society.

Maybe we should take photos of them and shame them on the Net.

I'm sure there are laws on this but if we are hoping for the authorities to act, we might as well do the cleaning up of our roads ourselves.

I think the drivers are now too old to be thought simple manners, lets start with their children. Maybe, we should even start with our own.

No comments: