Tuesday, February 12, 2008

MU lost home derby

MU lost at home to Man City after so many years and they deserved it. Their defence which was their forte all season just failed to click. Rio Ferdinand had one of his worst games in a long time. He gave away balls cheaply and one of them led to City's second goal. Even the ever reliable Vidic and Van Der Sar were out of sorts at times.
To compound matters, their strike force of Ronaldo, Teves, Nani and Giggs were just making up the numbers. The referee also add up to things when he decided to be strict with the throw ins. I've seen worst throw ins which have been ignored but the referee of the day penalised MU twice.
In the end it was just a forgettable night. I just hope that it won't come back to haunt them at the end of the season.

Maybe it was caused by the emotional tribute to the Munich Disaster of 50 years ago when 8 members of the famed Busby Babes perished on 6th Feb 1958 in Munich. But these are professionals and they have a job to but it never got done. Pray that Blackburn does a big favor at the Emirates Stadium tonight.

update: Arsenal beat Blacburn 2-0 and are now 5 points ahead of MU

2 comments:

Pak Zawi said...

Hussin,
Eversince Malaysia faded out of the regional football arena and Malaysian footballers discipline and desire to serve the nation reached rock bottom, my interest in football in general goes out of the widow with it.
I am sorry I cant make any sensible comment on the current football scene.

Hussin said...

Sdra Zawi,

MU has been my team since I was in secondary school when they had George Best playing for them. Even when they were relegated to the second division for one season I was still following them.
I stop following the local football scene many years ago. I remembered watching a football game in the stadium in Kota Bharu in early 80s with my KB friends when Kelantan was quite a force. What I remembered most was the Kelantanese fans were a fanatic lot and the players played a "rough" brand of football.
Thanks for dropping by.