Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Independents

The new parliament session sees more than usual number of independent members. They are not REAL independents but merely people who have lost their way with the parties they represented on the previous elections. I would not like to comment more about them as a lot have been said already. I just want to ask them who the hell voted for them as independents? Don't they have any sense of dignity? Have they no shame thinking that they were voted into parliament on their own personal capacity?

They have to make the best out of their present situation. No party is going to take them as candidates in the next elections. Contesting as independents would also not be an alternative. They are sure to lose their deposits if they stand as independents.

So what do they do now? They have to make noise, barking at everything they can get hold of just to tell the world that they are still alive and hopefully some people will be desperate enough to take them as partners of convenience.

Frankly, I pity these people. I regard them so low in the human hierarchy that I do not even wish to talk about them. However, one of them I used to put some hopes on. In fact I think I even made a small contribution to his election campaign. How I regret this, only God knows.

I always try to look at the positives of situations. In this, the only positive I can think of is that at least we know who they really are. Not that we were 100% sure of them before.

Lets make it as a real lesson learnt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jamil said...

Sdr Hussein,

You really hit it on the nail. As i see it they are just a bunch of clowns that don"t have the integrity.It really sore me that we have this kind moron as our rep. There are so many other things that they could plan and contribute in order to build up what is lost.I have the same line of thinking as you are.

Jamil