Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Blogging



I read some where that blogging is now less popular compared to "less cumbersome" social network sites such as Twitter and Facebook. It seems that people (especially youngsters) prefer the short and direct to the point approach demanded by Twitter and Facebook compared to the essay-like writings in blogs.



I think that is a real pity. People, especially the young, should be encouraged to write their thoughts. It may not be read by others but it would serve as a very good reference for the blogger himself in later periods. I started blogging a few years back and every so often I would "go back in time" to reread what I have written in the "days gone by". Without fail, I would be so grateful that I have taken time to record those events as it allowed me to relive history and experience the emotions that I use to feel about them.


I'm actually very happy to find out that quite a few of my children, nieces and siblings maintain their own blogs. Of course some of these blogs are not unlike many government departments' websites (hardly updated) but at least they have taken the first steps. Hopefully they will find time to make regular updates, as I'm sure over time they will find their efforts worthwhile.


Besides checking on these "family" blogs, I also have a few other blogs that I frequent. One of them is Loyar Burok, a blog dedicated to all things about the judiciary. I've always been attracted to the legal profession and I think I would have made a good lawyer if I may say so myself. Not able to fulfill this ambition of mine, I have always tried to keep in touch with it. I've also found a few blogs that are inspiring such as one maintained by a breast cancer patient, another by a guy my age who is trying to escape from the crutches of drug addiction, yet another by an NGO member involved with helping families of HIV patients and many more.


Sometimes I envy the blog owners who are able to religiously update their blogs. I wonder when I can do the same. In the meantime I will just continue to enjoy reading them.

5 comments:

Fadzlin said...

Rasa glamour sekejap. :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.