Friday, February 11, 2011

First Post of 2011

It is already mid February and this is my first post of 2011. I must have been really busy but the sad truth is that I have been plain lazy.

I still have not managed to blog about my Travelog that I had planned earlier. They (you see I had this grand vision that there will be a few episodes) could ultimately be "time-barred". But I still have high hopes that they will finally see the liht of day and find their way to this blog. Any way, this entry was "forced" so that I finally managed to "break the ice" so to speak and make an entry in 2011.


The last 2 days (Wednesday and Thursday) I attended a course for Secretaries of mosques in Selangor, organised by ILDAS (Institut Latihan dan Dakwah Selangor). The place is located in Sabak Bernam more than 130km away from Kelana Jaya. It took me more than 2 hours to reach there despite consistently breaking the speed limit.


It was a useful course especially for those that have just been recently made secretaries for mosques in Selangor but the majority of the participants are "otais" and I am not too sure whether they benefited a lot. But I still feel it was a brave effort by JAIS to improve the professionalism of mosque management in Selangor.

BTW it may be worth noting that all mosques Management Committees in Selangor have been assigned KPIs to achieve since the second half of 2010. And here I am, still struggling with my efforts to implement KPIs in my office.

1 comment:

ibnhussin said...

is there a reason for the difficulty to implement KPIs at ur office?

I have my own KPI.. granted it takes discipline to keep to it.