Monday, August 20, 2007

Another Busy Weekend

I thought I'd be able to rest after the Reunion weekend but I was wrong. Friday was the last day of school so the kids have started becoming restless. "Lets have an outing" they say. "Not this time" I said. "I'm tied up with work", I continued. "Ayah nie asyik kerja jer", Aizat said. He is the only one who dare to come up with these kind of remarks.

I'm really tied up. I've got a price negotiation with the Dept. on Monday. Then there will be Consortium meeting on Tuesday. Hopefully, I'll be free on Wednesday onwards. If so, I can take a short break, but I've got to come back by Saturday. Ada kursus AJK Masjid organised by MAIS. Got to attend this, no choice. Dato' Nazir has forced me into it. Well these are for the coming week. I'm supposed to write about last weekend.

On Saturday morning I decided to take the whole family out for breakfast. Nasi lemak, bawah pokok, near my house. The stall is operated by a Haji from Melaka. Typical Melakan. If you listen to what he says you would not want to patronize his stall. All the four letter words can be heard from him. But, he serves good nasi lemak. After that we decided to visit my wife's step mother. After the death of my father in law a couple of years ago our visits to their house in Section 16 PJ are far in between. She is a nice lady despite her favoring her children more often than not. But how can we fault her.

After Zohor, we went to a friend's house in Shah Alam. A High School colleague who I have managed to keep in touch all these years. He is having a doa selamat. I brought the whole family along. He was happy to see us. Both he and his wife are good cooks and they make mean "kuih samperit". Every year I will buy about RM6k to RM7k worth of kuih samperit from him. I have turned it into a "must give" gift to the Dept.

I decided to stay home on Saturday night catching up on my readings. There were some EPL games on TV but I decided to skip them as MU was not playing until Sunday. Dinner was also very light. Just had tau fu fah.

On Sunday, I decided to return to bed after Subuh and finally got up around 9:00am. There are a few things to do today. At 12:00 another friend had aqiqah for his grandchildren in Sentul at 12:00 noon. Left home a few minutes before 12 noon. The kids decided to do their own thing. Kak Long took them out. Must be to some shopping centers. I lost my way in Sentul and only reached the house at around 1:30. Just in time for doa after doa selamat.

At night there was a wedding reception at KGPA. I had to go to this fully dressed in baju Melayu. It was a good reception, tastefully done. The food was good. Reached home around 11:00pm. MU lost the derby. They really started badly this season despite the promises of better things. The only consolation is that they have been in good form and controlling all their games that they played so far. I guess the time will come when they start winning again.

So another busy weekend.

No comments: