Friday, August 24, 2007

A Great Idea

A group of friends from my High School community came up with the idea of visiting the graves of our friends who have left us. I thought that was fantastic idea, so did a few of our other friends. So they are now taking the necessary steps to get this going. Doing this sort of work is never easy. We need enthusiastic people to work with. My recent experience of organising a Reunion for my college mates was pleasant only because the group were all equally committed to make it a success. That made it fun, despite the hard work.

On Sunday, 2 September we planned to meet in Cheras and visit the grave of the late Sdra. Anuar Johari. I think he had leukemia. Then we will convoy to Melaka to meet up with friends in Melaka and also visit the graves of the late Sdra Yusof Sulaiman and the late Mazlan Yassin. Both died of heart attacks.

I will only join them in Melaka as I plan to visit the graves of my parents that same weekend. Hopefully as many people as possible will join us. More important I am hopeful all will contribute generously to the collection which we are having so that we can pass the money to the families of our late friends.

I am looking forward to meeting up with old friends and also doing something worthwhile.

Kudos to Hj Wilmie and friends.

No comments: