Monday, November 05, 2007

Another Weekend of Open Houses

It is still Syawal and therefore the open house invitations keep coming. But this week I had to reject a few of them as I was busy with the preparations for our Masjid's Hari Raya Gathering on Sunday.

Still, I managed to squeeze 3 visits on Saturday in between showing my face at the mosque. On Sunday, one of my neighbours held his open house and I had to be there. From 1:00 pm onwards I was at the mosque.

There was a very good crowd, definitely better that we had expected. Even more meaningful,some of our Chinese and Indians neighbours also managed to join us. The Muslimats, as usual, delivered what they promised and the function went very smoothly. All the food, except rojak, were finished by 4:00pm, some even earlier.



After Asar we went to Hassan's and Fuzi's in Melewati. They had invited quite a few of our friends. In fact, all my closest friends in my first few years in Carbondale were there. How I wished we could spend more time but it was getting late.



Another fruitful weekend, I must say.

1 comment:

zaitgha said...

Last picture, the guy in brown used to be my boss....pls send my regards to him....saw him in another earlier posting of yours....