Saturday, November 03, 2007

Oh! What a Heart Breaker

My team, Manchester United, was playing the current table toppers, Arsenal, tonight. A win for the Devils would have put us on top of the standings. I was looking forward to this game for the past week. I planned my day today around the kick-off time of this game.

We led twice but Arsenal was "lucky" to snatch the draw in extra time. It was an absorbing game without too many goal scoring chances as the battle was mostly fought in midfield. United played well but I feel Arsenal played better but this is not surprising as they are playing at home. Anyway, a draw is a fair result, I think, but that was a real chance missed for Alex Ferguson and his charges.

For the record, Rooney continued his excellent form by scoring the first goal for United and Christiano Ronaldo scored the second though he was very subdued throughout the game. Fabregas also continued his fine goal scoring form while Gallas scored the extra time equaliser for the Gunners.

Tough luck guys but lets get on with it. There is always the home game later.

No comments: