Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Busy Holiday Period (2)

Saturday, 22 December 2007 was the day my cousin got married. Her father is the only uncle on my mother's side. I had arranged for all my cousins and siblings to take up responsibilities on the wedding day. Now it is more fashionable for people to cater their food and also get "outsiders" to do the work. I told my uncle that he has more than 30 nephews and nieces who in turn have about 40 to 50 children who are willing to help out, so lets just do the work ourselves.

I had earlier bought 60 T-shirts to be distributed to all the cousins and their children who were helping out. It was an inspiring sight to see our families working together for a common cause. Alhamdullillah, everything went smoothly. The tents were well manned, the water supply uninterrupted and dishes were washed promptly even though the crowd was quite big. My uncle and auntie were very pleased, not only because the work were carried out well but more so for the family members to be able to get together.

At 1:00pm, I had to sneak out of the hive of activities as I had another function to attend to. I was also part of a team which organised a Majlis Qurban for our ex-school mates from Melaka High School. We had 3 cows to distribute. The activity started in the morning but I can only join in the afternoon, almost at the end of the program.

But it was good meeting up with friends some I have not seen for more than 30 years. I also met my Art teacher who managed to fail me more times than pass me. My only wish was I had more time with them. But the 2 hours in High School were up before I could realised it. I had to go back to my cousin's wedding which was also coming to a close.

Both events went on successfully without any hitches. The only glitch was I did not have my trusted camera with me, so no photos to be posted.

I left Melaka on Sunday to prepare for my next trip, a holiday in Taiping with my university mates from Southern Illinois University during the Christmas holidays.

Oh I just remembered that I have to complete my staff appraisal forms very soon as they are already overdue.

HBO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bro,

U still could tell her at hp:012-6025906 or at http//:www.putrihanglipoh.blogspot.com