Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Busy Holiday Period (1)

Its the end of the year. As usual this is the most hectic period of the year. Everything seems to happen during this time. This year is no different.

20th December was Hari Raya Aidiladha. This year I decided to celebrate the occasion in Kelana Jaya unlike other years when I would head for kampong. It was more out of necessity rather than choice. The Nazir and Deputy Nazir of the mosque went for their Haj this year. So next in line in the mosque hierarchy is me, the Secretary. As such I had no choice but to be around for the majlis Qurban.


The mosque had always limit the number of cows for qurban at 3 a year. When we had more we always had problems distributing the portions for "fakir miskin". As in the past few years the state government donated one cow for our mosque. After the Sunat Aidiladha prayers we began our qurban. There were a good crowd who came to help out. Everyone seemed experienced and things moved on smoothly. We started with the donated cow as we wanted to cook the meat for a feast at the mosque.



By noon we were ready for our beef soup, kari daging and BBQ meat. The whole kariah were invited. We finished just before zohor prayers but the feast continued after zohor. In the afternoon I went visiting a few of my wife's relatives. By the end of the day all of us were tired and had a good sleep.



The next day, Friday 21st December I decided to go to work before taking leave for the rest of the year. I only went back to Melaka after Maghrib prayers on Friday,

No comments: