Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Legal Eagles

I always thought I would make a good lawyer because I've always found law to be intriguing and challenging. In college, it was my course requirements that I take one Law subject, Business Law. I ended up taking 2 courses, the other being Contracts and I scored "A" for both.

I tried taking up a part time Law degree at UiTM a few years back but had to abandon it after 3 semesters as my job at the time required me to be outstation too often. I was doing real well when I quit. My CGPA was more than 3.5, much better than most of the full time students. Maybe I should have another go at it soon.

But my interest in Law keep me reading anything law related. This was sent to me by a friend. There were afew in the email but I just choose one. Apparently this is from a real transcript from where else but America.



ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy,
did you check for a pulse?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient
was alive when you began the autopsy?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
ATTORNEY: I see, but could the patient have still
been alive, nevertheless?
WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been
alive and practicing law.

And you know how much lawyers are paid in America?

HBO

No comments: