Monday, December 31, 2007

An Eventful 2007

It seemed like it was only yesterday when we ushered in 2007. I remember being caught in the jam at about midnight on 31 December 2006. I was trying to get home from office while people were going to celebrate the new year at the various sites in the city. I was driving along the MRR2 when I saw people parking their cars along the highway trying catch a glimpse of the fireworks display coming from the vicinity of KLCC. That was a year ago.

Now, it is the last day of 2007. How time flies. I've decided to take leave on the last few days of this year and stay home. I'm now trying to recollect the events of 2007.

1. The most significant event of 2007 for me must be the return to Rahmatullah of my dear father on 7 February. It was also my son, Arif's, 21st birthday.
2. A few weeks later my youngest brother got married and I had to assume the role of head of family.
3. In August, we organised a Reunion of my ex-university mates from 30 years ago. It was held in Selesa Hlllhomes and very well attended. It gave everybody a chance to rekindle old friendships.
4. In September a few friends from my High School days decided to organise a tahlil session for friends who have left us for the after world.
5. In December I organised my cousins (about 30 of them and another 30 kids) to help out with my cousin's wedding.
6. Our High School group managed to do a Qurban at our school surau.
7. Our university group organised another get together in Taiping
8. The country also saw some eventful happenings which included a few mass rallies.
9. Workwise, my company did well to complete our work well ahead of schedule.

Of course, there are other events but for this purpose maybe the above will suffice. All in all, 2007 will be remembered long after it is gone.

Syukur Alhamdullillah, Allah has blessed me and family for the year. Looking forward for 2008, I hope for Allah's continued blessing so that I can continue to be a useful member of my family and society.

Happy New Year to all.

Sallam
HBO

No comments: