Thursday, February 05, 2009

Perak Government in limbo

So many things happened in the last few days in Perak. Today, the MB Dato' Seri Nizar called upon the Sultan to dissolve the State Assembly but the DPM claimed BN has got majority control of the state and wants to form the next government.

A lot have been written about this episode so I would not like to add my views which will be full of anger. But to those involved, I wonder how they can even sleep at night and face the people. How can their family face the public?

No wonder I left politics after just two years. To think that I was moving quickly up the political ladder then.

However, I remembered Kelantan, under TG Nik Aziz, had a government with only one seat majority for most of the last term and the government was stable. It shows what the fear of God does to people.

p/s: I'm praying that that the Sultan of Perak in all his wisdom will consent to the dissolution of the Assembly, but maybe I'm asking for too much.

No comments: