Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wedding 2 - Azizah Part 1


The event started on Friday, 18 December 2009 with the "Akad Nikah" ceremony held after Friday prayers. The Imam was most accommodating, as he normally is. All went well, Alhamdullillah. It was my first time giving away the bride. While waiting for the Imam to give his obligatory advice to the groom (much was said in a hush manner) which made many people curious. Among the things that he said was as a husband it will now be his responsibility to take care of all the needs of the wife including ensuring that she have adequate religious knowledge. I wonder how many husbands remember this long after the marriage.


I had time to reflect on the situation that I was in at the time. I was thinking about my late father. Had he still been around, I need not have to do this. There were times when I felt my eyes getting watery. I was worried that I may choke at the crucial moment. I was therefore much relieved when it was all over.


Earlier I had asked the Imam for the "script" to what I was supposed to say but he said it was unnecessary. Just imagine I had to conjure the words in my mind right up to the last moment. However, the Imam did said some words to the same effect during his short advice. I think I finally said this "Muhamad Junaidi bin Buang. Aku nikahkan akan dikau dengan adik aku, Azizah binti Othman dengan mas kahwinnya 300 ringgit tunai"


Junaidi and Azizah, please accept my best wishes in your marriage life. May both of you be Blessed by Allah swt with a lovely family life Guided by Him always. There may be times when you may disagree but always remember that there will be more times that you are in agreement.

No comments: