Monday, February 22, 2010

Another Test

I was about to sleep last night when I received a call from my sister. She told me me that another sister of mine had just been diagnosed as having a stage 2b cancer of the ovary. She has just been admitted to the USM hospital in Kubang Kerian and awaiting further deliberations by the doctors.

This will be the third case of the Big C in my immediate family. My late father had cancer of the colon, another sister cancer had breast cancer and now this. It seemed to be in our genes. Maybe its time for all of us to get a full medical check. The only comforting thought is that both my father and the sister (who had breast cancer) went through successful treatments.

I know its another test from Allah swt and I'm praying that He gives us the strength (especially to my sister Azizah and hubby Junaidi) to go through this.

No comments: