Monday, April 12, 2010

MRSM Sports



We were in Penang the last two days visiting Aizat at MRSM Kepala Batas. We wanted to buy him new glasses as he has managed to break the frame of his existing glasses (again).


When we arrived and called him, he said he was at the stadium. Apparently he is taking part in the northern region MRSM athletics meet of which his school is hosting this year. Aizat is representing his school in the 100m and 4x100m events. When we arrived we managed to see a few events before the finals of he 4x100m event.

Well, his quartet did not fare very well. I can see his school is not well prepared. He only managed to use his spikes (on loan from the school) in the morning of the event. He was not properly attired for the event. The fact that they managed to get in the finals was good enough and we are proud of him. Aizat won the 100m race in his school sports day. So he is the fastest man in MRSM Kepala Batas for 2010.


There were quite a number of MRSMs in the northern region so there were quite a large number of participants. But I can see that sport days nowadays are a far cry from when I was in school. Those days we take great pride in the sports day and all participants took them seriously. Now, I guess it was done just for the sake of carrying it out.

4 comments:

Fadzlin said...

Wah tak sangka ada jugak ahli keluarga kita yang lari laju. Tahniah Aizat! Walaupun lari tak pakai stokin.

jamil said...

Brother,

That"s good. Initially i taught it was like father like son but Aizat had proofed that your gene is a sportman"s genes.
Athletic is very dear to me that till this date am still running around to keep fit. At one time way back in 1976 I was the fastest boy in the country clocking 10.8 and 22.8 in the 100m n 200m respectively. I did represent Selangor"s school in that particular events plus 4 by 100.
To be a good runner preparation is the utmost important. Be it mentally or physically and not to forget the training.As I was looking at the picture Aizat got the build but the attire must be as light as you are. Normally runners wear tight,so that it make you break the wind barrier.
Anyway good luck to Aizat coz none of my kid involve in sports like his father, may be my cucus might be like their atuk.

jamil said...

Bro,
Just wanna share with you and Aizat.
http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx73/jamil_mdnor/Ikrar.jpg
http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx73/jamil_mdnor/TerimaPiala.jpg

Hussin said...

Bro. Jamil,

Thanks for visiting and also the photos. Share ler dekat facebook.

BTW my son, Aizat, also plays rugby for his school. That's why I thought of asking him to talk to you cos I know you was a good rugby player. I think he plays the same position as you did.