Sunday, April 04, 2010

Ungrateful

I'm feeling so ungrateful. There are groups of people who said they are fighting for my rights but I'm not in any mood to appreciate what they are doing. On the contrary I looked at them with utter contempt and disgust. How dare they classify me as needing the crutches that they think I desire?

To be fair, their intentions can be justified. If only their track record has proven otherwise. There is nothing wrong with trying to help those who are in need, in fact it is incumbent upon all of us to do so. But what they say is not what they do. How do you explain the presence of so many needy people after all these years while at the same time the chosen ones keep getting richer and becoming billionaires?

I have a feeling they are using me as an excuse to enrich themselves. In the process I will be labeled as the one depriving others of their rightful share of the pie while they are the ones actually laughing all the way to the bank.

Who are they? They are has been pseudo leaders who cannot even win an election on their own. They are the ones when in authority took advantage of the situation to enrich themselves and their ilk without having to work. And now they want to claim to be fighting for me and if I refuse their help they are going to call me ungrateful. So be it. I'll be the ungrateful one so long as I am not in any way associated with these opportunists.

4 comments:

jamil said...

Bro Hussein,

You got the right of your own opinion. People may say what they perceive onto us but they by all means got to respect your stand. You are the judge of your ownself.

There are so many needy people around whose need to be address regardless whatever they are asking for.More often then not they just need a good life.I knew it becouse i"ve gone through the hardship seeing the rakyat"s kids going to school without shoes and proper attire. Without realizing it, tears drop from my eyes.Who cares about them comparing them with Petronas Twin Tower, SIC and all the other gigantic project.

I knew that i should be thankful lot for what they have given me all these years ie a good life, happy family, beautiful kids,cosy house and other needy things.But this come with my sacrifice in upholding the integrity of the nation. In one occasion, i was deep inside the jungle when my wife was fighting for her life in GH KL due to miscarriage n DNC had to be done n i was not given the green light to be with her. My God The sovereignty of the nation come first.Alhamdulillah she"s still beside me as beautiful as ever.This is one out of countless.
So I felt that i deserve better in term of good governance.

I joint the system,learn the system, follow the system, support the system and if you can correct the system. In the end if you cannot correct and can"t take it anymore leave the system. That what i did. Allah SWT pemberi rezeki not mankind.

Hussin said...

Sallam Bro.,

I'm always grateful for what have been given to me. Sometimes we forget these. Yes, we were among the "less fortunates" and the government of the day then decided to help us because we were handicapped not because we were from a certain group. It was just unfortunate that more handicapped were from our group. I think that was when affirmative action can be justified.

After some time, the decision to apportion help was no longer based on need and that is what I'm not happy with. I've had the opportunity to be with these "chosen ones" and they behave as though it is their right to be given all the riches without having to work for it while the more deserving are left with crumbs, if at all.

Allah swt has blessed our country with all the riches and without the hardships. And yet we have people who still live in poverty even warriors like you and your friends. I read a book on Kanang and I cried to learn that his first application for land was not entertained. Kanang is supposed to be one of our bravest soldiers and he applied for land in Sarawak where land is supposed to be in abundance.

I'm not in a position to do much but in any small way that I can I will do my part if only to show that whatever help that have been given to me is not wasted.

Thanks for visiting my friend.

jamil said...

Sdr Hussein,

I came across this nice n beautiful words from a friend, so i would like to share it with you, my friend.

We"ve multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.
We talk too much,love too little n
lie too often.
We"ve learned to make a living but not a live.
We"ve taller buildings, but shorter careness.
Wider freeways, but narrow viewpoint.
We earned more but have less
We buy more but enjoy it less.
We"ve been all the way to the moon and back , but have trouble crossing to the street to meet the need of the people.
We"ve have conquered outer space but not inner space.
We"ve split the atom , but not our prejudice.
We write more learn less, plan more but accomplish less.
We"ve learned to rush but not to wait.
Last but not least we have higher incomes but lower morals.
So this the total sum that i said yesterday.

Take care brother.

Unknown said...

"To be fair, their intentions can be justified. If only their track record has proven otherwise"

The above sir, I like very-very much.