Saturday, January 09, 2010

An accident

My daughters went out for a meeting with their cousins in Subang Jaya. Me, wife and Afiq were at home. Around 2:15pm I decided to go out for something to eat and also go to the bookstore to look for some books.

We returned home at about 4:00pm and to our surprise saw a car which had just been driven into the electrical pole right in front of our house. My wife's first reaction was about her flower pots but I was relieved that the car did not ram into my wife's car which was parked in the vicinity. I was also glad that the electrical pole managed to withstand the knock. If not we will be in total darkness for the night.


We went out of our car and spoke to some of the neighbours who are still around. Apparently the car was driven by one of the residents staying on our road (7/14). The car looked bad, he must have been driving at quite a speed but I wonder how he can do that in such a congested road. Apparently his wife who is sitting in the front passenger's seat was hurt and had to be sent to the hospital. To make it worse she is pregnant. Hopefully nothing bad will befall on the family, especially the unborn child.

No comments: