Sunday, July 06, 2008

Another Reunion

In August last year I was part of a group of friends that managed to organize a Reunion among our university mates who graduated around 1980, about 28 years before. In fact, this group of friends first met in 1975. We had a great time meeting up after all these years.

Next Saturday, 12 July 2008, I'm attending another Reunion, God Willing. This time I'm not involved in the organizing, just coming as a participant. This is more challenging for me because it involves friends I first met in 1971 when I first stepped into my secondary school, Melaka High School. A group of us decided that we should meet up in conjunction with our 50th birthdays in 2008. I thought it was a very good idea. There were more than 250 of us in Form 5 in 1975. So far, about 100 old friends have confirmed joining the Reunion. But what makes me more excited is that about 30 of our old teachers are also joining us. That would be something to look forward to.



It would be a challenge for us to recognize our old friends after more than 30 years but I can't wait for the challenge. If only more of my friends share my enthusiasm

No comments: