Thursday, July 03, 2008

What is happening to my country?

I was talking to a friend yesterday and we were both in agreement that what we need is a stable government to help the country get through the expected world economic downturn. It does not matter who the government is, BN, PR, PAS, DAP or what have you, as long as it is stable. I initially said we need a stable and non-corrupt government but then I said, after what we had for 50 years, we cannot get any worse as long as it is stable.

And today another bombshell of a Statutory Declaration. What is it with SDs nowadays? Everyone seemed to be wanting to make one. There must be money to be made. After all, it only costs a few Ringgits to make one. With such low production costs the return on investment must be tremendous. Maybe I'm in the wrong business.

By the end of the day, I was thinking maybe we need the army's help to secure a stable government. What a thought.

May Allah swt have Mercy on us.

No comments: